The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement. The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
Career Opportunities Available
Posted: 23 May, 2018
Organization: The Nairobi Hospital
Reporting to the Chief Radiographer, the successful applicant will carry out radiological procedures as assigned.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Participating in assessing patients and their clinical requirements to determine appropriate radiographic techniques.
- Receive and prepare for radiology procedures.
- Communicating to the customer on radiography procedures
- Carrying out radiological investigation as per approved policies and procedures
- Sorting out films and forwarding them to the radiology for reporting
- Participating in assisting in more complex radiological/sonographic procedures.
- Providing support and reassurance to patients, taking into account their physical and psychological needs.
- Recording imaging identification and patient documentation quickly and accurately and observing protocols to ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act and patient confidentiality.
- Participating in supervising assistant practitioners, students and other staff, and delivering appropriate education and training.
- Observing health and safety at work and welfare issues, including ionizing radiation regulations, to protect yourself and others.
- Participating in ensuring that equipment is regularly checked for malfunctions and any faults are reported.
- Participating in protection of patients and staff from radiation during radiology procedures
- Participating in carrying out radiography procedures as per approved policies and procedures
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A team player with good organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of three (3) referees to:
Human Resources Director
The Nairobi Hospital
- O. Box 30026 – 00100
NAIROBI or firstname.lastname@example.org
To be received not later than 25th May 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.