The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement. The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
Career Opportunities Available
Posted: 7 March, 2019
Organization: The Nairobi Hospital
Reporting to the Charge Nurse – Theatre Unit, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following roles amongst others: -
• Conducting an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection based on the patient’s immediate condition or needs within timeframe as per the standard operating procedures.
• Developing plan of care that is individualized for the patient reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
• Performing appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner.
• Performing therapeutic nursing interventions as established by individualized plan of care for the patient and their family.
• Providing individualized patient/family education and discharge planning customized to the patient and their family.
• Documenting patient assessment findings, physical/psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem resolution.
• Initiating emergency resuscitative measures according to resuscitation, basic and advanced life support protocols.
• Maintaining confidentiality in matters related to patient, family and client facility staff.
• Providing care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the patient’s and family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
• Reporting patient’s condition to appropriate personnel during each shift.
• Ensuring that all supplies necessary to perform surgical procedures are availed to the surgeon and the supporting team.
• Monitoring physiological and psychological status of the patients.
• Maintaining current competency in perioperative nursing through continuing nursing education.
• Performing any other duties that may be assigned from time to time depending on the need and urgency.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• KRN, KRM, KRCHN, BSc. Nursing
• Kenya Registered Perioperative Nurse.
• 4 years post registration experience.
• Mentorship training.
• BLS Certified
• Excellent interpersonal, supervisory, communication, administrative & customer care skills.
Interested candidates should send their application letter, CV, names and contacts of three referees, one of whom must have been a supervisor at the Hospital, to the undersigned not later than 22nd March 2019.
Ag. Human Resources Director
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 - 00100
NAIROBI. OR firstname.lastname@example.org