The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement. The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
Career Opportunities Available
Posted: 4 November, 2019
Organization: The Nairobi Hospital
Loading, transporting and delivery of all mail/parcels/bulk goods to both internal & external clients in an efficient, safe and timely manner. Providing excellent customer service and adhering to assigned duties.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Support Services Assistant, the Driver/Rider shall be responsible for the following tasks amongst others:
- Ensuring that assigned vehicle/motorcycle is used for authorized assignments and is mechanically viable and in good working condition always.
- Respecting all road users, road safety and traffic rules and regulations and observe them.
- Examining the vehicle/motorbike to be driven and ensuring timely reporting of all maintenance issues to the Support Services Assistant.
- Filling in the vehicle/motorbike check list and hand it over to the Support Services Assistant.
- Ensuring proper maintenance and care for the assigned vehicle/motorbike by checking its fuel, engine oil, water, tyre pressure, clutch, brakes, and steering fluids ATF, lights, side mirrors, life savers, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, indicators, tool box, and gauges where applicable.
- Ensuring cleanliness of the vehicle/motorbike at all times.
- Ensuring that the vehicles licenses are valid and displayed as per the national traffic regulations requirement.
- Ensuring that any journey(s) undertaken by the vehicle/motorbike are logged, authorized and official.
- Ensuring that all staff within the vehicle/motorbike are authorized and carrying the required capacity.
- Minimizing the vehicles/motorbikes running costs by exercising economical driving.
- Providing services to the required standards.
- Record information, such as items received and delivered.
- Carrying at all times, a valid driver's license and for the class of vehicle being driven.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- KCSE Mean Score of C- Minus.
- Clean and valid driver's license class BCEFG.
- Must have excellent knowledge and experience motorbike-riding.
- Solid experience in defensive and offensive driving.
- Basic mechanical knowledge of vehicles.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years proven accident free driving.
- Well trained in traffic safety and highway codes.
- Well conversant with Nairobi streets, avenues and residences.
- Ability to communicate fluently, written and spoken, both English and Swahili.
- Competent in computer application/ IT literate
Experience in courier service organization or environment will be an added advantage.
The duties of the post may change from time to time and new duties allocated will be consistent with the overall role of the post.
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned not later than 15th November 2019. Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates. The Nairobi Hospital does not charge any money throughout the recruitment process.
Ag. Human Resources Director
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 - 00100
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Police Clearance Certificate
- Academic and Professional certificates
Certificates of Service from previous employers where applicable.