The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement. The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
Career Opportunities Available
Posted: 4 November, 2019
Organization: The Nairobi Hospital
The post holders will ensure safe practice of the environment for the patient and staff is maintained at all times. He will be expected to treat every patient with dignity, respect, privacy and that each patient/client will be encouraged to be involved in making their own decisions related to their care as much as possible.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Successful candidates will be expected to perform the following roles among others: -
- Cleaning operating rooms after each procedure;
- Assisting with lifting, moving and transporting patients
- Enhancing operating room turnovers;
- Setting up the surgical rooms for procedures by moving the surgical bed and other equipment into the necessary configuration prior to surgery;
- Restocking departmental supplies;
- Performing daily terminal cleaning of operating rooms & areas within the department;
- Assisting with delivering & returning supplies, sending clinical labs to the lab;
- Obtaining blood products from the blood bank and following direction from licensed personnel to enhance patient care;
- Restraining and supporting patient during procedures;
- Transporting laboratory specimens, laboratory supplies and materials, patient related supplies and materials, equipment, and procedure trays.
- Replenishing bed linen and sanitary supplies.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- KCSE Mean Score of C- Minus.
- Diploma in Public Health, Community Health or Environmental Health.
- At least 2 (two) years of relevant work experience in a healthcare facility.
- Experience as Theatre Attendant is an added advantage.
The duties of the post may change from time to time and new duties allocated will be consistent with the overall role of the post.
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned not later than 15th November 2019. Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates. The Nairobi Hospital does not charge any money throughout the recruitment process.
Ag. Human Resources Director
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 - 00100
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Police Clearance Certificate
- Academic and Professional certificates
Certificates of Service from previous employers where applicable.