Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
• Target costing projects, prepare margin analysis and trace costs back to the activities.
• Provide cost effective data accumulation system to guide in decision making.
• Develop cost accounting framework that facilitates reporting of contribution margins for every business unit within the Hospital and ultimately cost of individual patient care.
• Provide reports on break even points by products and business units.
• Minimize variances between actual and standard costs and give report on possible causes of variances which occur.
• Support budgeting and cost forecasting periodically.
• Identify and propose cost effective solutions to management
• Create and review controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems.
• Analyze capital budgeting requests and advise accordingly.
• Advice on product profitability, pricing structures and evaluation and monitoring supports required.
• Generate reports for management, internal and external audits.
• Participate in the month-end and year-end closing of the General ledger as well as the internal and external audits.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• B.Com or Business degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
• CPA (K).
• 5 years’ experience in Accounting and specifically cost accounting.
• Prior healthcare experience in managing cost accounting systems will be preferred.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to generate detailed reports that propose cost-effective solutions for the hospital.
• Detail oriented.
• Good analytical skills
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us our application quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to: To be received not later than 2nd May 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Human Resources Manager
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026
NAIROBI – 00100 OR firstname.lastname@example.org