Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Working closely with the HR department to prepare accurate inputs, deductions and computations for monthly payroll processing.
- Generating accurate and timely monthly payment vouchers for statutory deductions such as PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, HELB and other authorized pay deductions.
- Ensuring timely submission of deductions to relevant authorities and beneficiaries in compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements
- Reviewing the payroll for compliance with the Hospital budget and statutory guidelines related to payroll practices.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly payroll cost analysis and reports by including summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave days, and nontaxable wages.
- Preparing and organizing the annual, quarterly and monthly Tax returns and ensure timely submission the authorities.
- Working with internal and external auditors for timely conclusion of payroll audits and to follow up recommendations thereof
- Maintaining employee confidence and protecting payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Monitoring changes in current rules and regulations pertaining to payroll which require payroll policy changes, retirement and benefits and recommend the changes in policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Com or Business degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- CPA (K).
- 5 years’ experience in Accounting and specifically practicing Payroll accounting
- Proficiency in the use of computerized accounting systems and Microsoft suite packages
- Good and current knowledge of Tax and Statutory deduction regulations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and within deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Good analytical skills
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to: To be received not later than 21st April 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Human Resources Manager
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. BOX 30026
NAIROBI – 00100 OR email@example.com