Reporting to the Medical Director, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Provide leadership to the Radiology department.
- Develop, maintain, review and implement radiology department policies and procedures that conform to current standards of radiology practice.
- Prepare, plan and implement the radiology department’s budget.
- Develop methods of coordination of radiology services with other patient services to ensure continuity of the patient care.
- Staff management in the radiology department.
- Participate in institutional multi-disciplinary continuous medical education activities and professional development programs.
- Implement and monitor radiation safety measures to ensure safety of patients and staff and compliance with government regulatory requirements.
- Establish, implement, and monitor the infection control program designed to provide a safe, sanitary, and comfortable environment for patients in the radiology department.
- Promote customer service and hospitality and adequately resolve complaints or concerns about radiology services.
- Participate in developing and implementing the Hospital Emergency preparedness management plan.
- Champion radiology research for clinical practice.
- Create an enabling environment for high productivity and optimal efficiency.
- Champion continual improvement and implementation of various quality systems programs.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Masters in Radiology.
- Specialist recognition in Diagnostic Radiology
- Must be registered and licensed with theMedical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- 15 years working experience, 10 of which must be in a supervisory cadre in any function in the Hospital.
- Demonstrable leadership skills.
- Sound decision making and problem skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Business savvy.
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to: To be received not later than 7th July 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Ag. Head, Human Resources, The Nairobi Hospital, P.O. Box 30026, NAIROBI – 00100