Reporting to the Senior System Administrator, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Responsible for day-to-day monitoring, technical support and planning of all aspects of the network infrastructure (LAN/WAN/Wireless network) while ensuring that hospital’s ICT environment is secure.
- Evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput and latency.
- Responsible for installation, configuration and testing of equipment.
- Maintaining network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning.
- Ensuring adequate data protection measures are in place and that these are tested on a regular basis.
- Taking proactive steps to ensure an appropriate level of system availability.
- Monitoring and maintain the security of ICT infrastructure within the hospital.
- Implementation of ICT security/network policies and procedures;
- Establishing, managing and administering the hospital’s ICT security policy and procedures to ensure preventive and recovery strategies are in place and minimize the risk of internal and external security threats.
- Providing general ICT user support as will be allocated through helpdesk.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Cisco professional certification
- ICT security certification or experience will be an added advantage
- 3 years’ experience in Information Technology with hands on experience in LAN, WAN and Wireless networks.
- Working knowledge/experience with IP telephony systems (VoIP) will be an added advantage.
- Experience in ICT security administration.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently.
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application to email@example.com quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to: To be received not later than 7th June 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.